Melbourne is the city that will make you want to keep coming back for more. Not only will you have a great time exploring the landmarks, cultural experiences, stunning views and ample dining venues, the kids will be entertained by the many activities and experiences on offer.
Try out these five fabulous Melbourne attractions that will be tonnes of fun for you and your whole family:
- 1. Explore the Werribee Open Range Zoo and have the opportunity to get right in amongst the animals as they roam freely in an environment as close to their natural habitat as possible. Lions, zebras, giraffes, elephants and hippos will all make you feel welcome as you embark on a wildlife safari.
- 2. What kid doesn’t like a train and the world famous Puffing Billing steam railway is sure to impress. Travel through the dense forest and fern gullies of the picturesque Dandenong Ranges with your head out the window on board the century-old steam train.
- 3. Get lost within the convoluted pathways of Ashcombe Maze on the Mornington Peninsula. There are hundreds of metres of tall, thick hedges to challenge your kids to make their way from start to finish, and a café for you to enjoy a coffee and a little peace while they do!
- 4. Take your little pirates to visit the iconic 19th century Polly Woodside and get in touch with Australia’s rich maritime history. Climb aboard and explore the ship, wander through the hands-on gallery and watch a short film in the theatrette.
- 5. Discover the marvellous marine creatures in the only Southern Ocean aquarium with a visit to Melbourne Aquarium. With over 10,000 animals and interactive encounters to capture your kids’ attention, you are bound to receive a tick of approval.